Saturday, February 2, 2013

Info on Laredo, Texas

Laredo is divided into US side and Mexican side by the "Rio Grande" river.  The Mexican side is named "Nuevo Laredo".  If you would like to see the 4 International Bridges go to www.ci.laredo.tx.us/   Then notice the upper left corner of the web site.  It says "bridge cameras" click on it and four camera pictures will appear.  These cameras are current and update the pictures every few minutes.

This campground sign says it all!


I think it says to return soon.


This one I can't read.  So I can't get into trouble right?


This one I honestly cannot read.
View from Hiking Trail using a "fish eye 14 mm Lens"  Rember you can enlarge any picture by placing your mouse on it and double clicking.



Pictures of the local wildlife.





Dave and Misty on the Hiking trail.

 Being here in the City of Laredo has been interesting.  When we went grocery shopping at Walmart's just three miles away.  I was surprised to hear all the employees converse among themselves in spanish.  They even spoke spanish over the intercom.  Today, Saturday Feb. 2nd we are going to do trailer chores.  Then after today the Travels will continue....


2 comments:

  1. Hey guys: Iwrote a comment last night, but I didn't do something right so I am trying again today. It's less than 30 degrees here and the ground is snow covered. The roads are clear but it is no fun outside. Have you seen any poisonous snakes yet? I think you have a couple kinds of rattlesnakes and maybe a coral snake to look for! You are right about return soon on the sign. The other is no consuming alchol in public, and since I'm not there your safe. The last is Pets are to be on a leash. I know you like to let Misty run so watch out for fussy park rangers. I think this a move day for you. Do you know where your going? Stupid question, I know you guys plan ahead. Have a safe trip, can't wait to hear from you.
    Byron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Byron. We got this reply in our email as well as the blogger column. I am replay to it here in the blogger page under your comment. I will call you in a few minutes.
      Dave.

      Delete